Susan’s Cooking School had its beginnings in the kitchen of Polonaise Restaurant, owned and operated by Susan and Dariusz Sady from 1982-2001. We have taught a multitude of cooking classes in many locations in the USA.
Our instructional Youtube cooking video channels, Susan’s Cooking School (https://susanscookingschool.com/index.html) and The Polish Chef have taken on a life of their own. We are so happy to hear from people all over the world that enjoy learning from our videos.
Dariusz, The Polish Chef, shows you how to make delicious potato and cheese pierogi from scratch helped by @Susan’s Cooking School. Enjoy!
4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (approx.) water
2 large eggs
1. Measure flour and salt into large mixing bowl.
2. Measure water into large measuring cup. Add eggs to water and mix with a fork. Gradually add water/egg mixture to flour while stirring with the fork to evenly moisten all ingredients. Stir until ingredients come together.
3. Dump onto clean hard surface to knead.
4. Knead for approximately 1 minute or until dough is smooth. If dough appears dry, add small amounts of extra water near the beginning of the kneading process. If the dough is too sticky-add a little more flour.
5. Round the dough and coat with four. Place on the table and cover with plastic wrap or an inverted bowl.
6. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before using. This dough is enough for one batch of filling.
7. Fill, seal and boil pierogi as shown in video.
Note: May use salted water for boiling.